Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Saturday, May 10, 2008

My trip to Jerusalem


I thought to myself....what to do with seven days off...hmmm..go for a ride to Petit Jean or maybe Mena or Hot Springs? I've been to those places, I wanted to see something different, something kosher. Ahh haaa, I'll go to Jerusalem. What an idea, especially since this is Israel's 60th birthday. Thats right, the state of Israel was founded in 1948 and is still around today.
It was a tough ride, I had some real ostacles to overcome, but I did it and above is the first pic I took after stopping on the shores and on top of that bypassing all of Israel's security forces. I cant believe those motorcycle skis I bought from ACME actually worked as well as they did. The hard part was getting gas and the food was a little salty...here I am though.

All kidding aside, here I am at Jerusalem.

Theres not much to Jerusalem, thats why I only took one picture. The metal siding gas station just did'nt appeal to my Pentax. The town sign didnt say how many people live there but I counted no less than three churches. No Falafel or Shawarma at this Jerusalem but it was a good country ride.

Not far to the West from Jerusalem is Appleton. There was a road sign when going into town that read Mt. Zion...hmmmm...I did'nt see a mountain anywhere close. I went down the road anyway and it came to the Appleton Cumberland Presbyterian Church. It was a nice looking old church so Pentax went to work.

The pavement ended at the church so I turned around and went back to the highway. A little ways down the road just after passing Buttermilk road, I saw this nice looking pasture.

I have more pics in my folder, Jerusalem was just the beginning. I'll save them for another day though.

No comments: