Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Nothing is more precious than time unspent.

I just now coined that phrase :). I guess everyone has noticed that I haven't posted in a while. I have excuses and here are two. I have been working many hours of overtime and I haven't had anything to post since I have been working so much overtime. I have been working overtime because its here. I know I'll regret it later but for now it's extra money. The bad thing is I missed going on those Fall rides I was looking forward to. Which gets me to the main theme of this post, time. I have fallen from grace I suppose. Years ago while working another job, I wasn't an OT hog like I am now. One of my favorite sayings then, one which I coined was, "you can always make more money, but you can never make more time".

You see, time/life is a collection of memories. The more good memories you have the better your life will be. We've all had times when we were feeling a little down. Sometimes when that happens to me, I'll think of the good times I've had in my life and things seem to get better. Because of all this overtime I've worked my good times have been few and far between.
Next year I'm going to rekindle that belief I once had, the part about money and time. There is nothing more important than time spent in a good place, doing something you love to do or just being with people you care for.

Next year I'm going to ride more and spend more time doing what I enjoy with whom I enjoy doing it with.

I'm looking forward to the ride I have planned for 2009. I'm going to circumvent Arkansas and I'm sure its going to be a blast. For now though, its back to work.