Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Monday, September 10, 2007

Highway 27

Glenwood, Arkansas



Amity, Arkansas


Near Amity

Hwy 27 is a mostly a good wide road, easy for spotting deer or other animals on the side waiting to jump out. I'll be posting some pics mostly from 27. Its not a busy highway, you can drive for quite awhile and not see another vehicle. Most towns are very small, others are just small. The road for the most part has a good surface and the scenary goes from great to so so.
Actually I'm starting in Amity which is on Hwy 8 just to the East of Glenwood. I'll take a little side trip on 84 and also visit Alpine. I've been told that Alpine is the birthplace of Billy Bob Thorton. I went there, so I can tell you now, don't bother going unless your just passing through.

I'll end up today in Caddo Gap, a town full of history and photos. I need to start camping out so I can take more pics.

No comments: