Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Monday, September 10, 2007

Caddo Gap 3



This a spring of some significance suppose. I couldnt decipher what it meant to the people here. What you see in the pics is what I saw, no real explanation.

At least they have a plaque that says something, unlike the spring on Skyline Drive in Russellville which has no explanation and is being allowed to go into disrepair. It's been there since who knows when...a long time ago. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go up Skyline drive from Hwy 64, its the rock spring on the right a little ways up on the side of the road. Who built it? Who kept it in repair over the years and why?
Was there anything special about it or was it just a watering spring on the road to Norristown. I'll need to check into this, I got my curiosity going now.

No comments: