Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Friday, October 26, 2007

Blue Mtn lake and a strange coincidence

On the same ride that I went to Sugar Grove on, I also went to Blue Mountain Lake. BML is a great place for camping and fishing and the roads in the area are good for riding. If you have an enduro you can see alot around there.

Blue Mountain lake


A bridge in the BML park, its a nice bridge with no water underneath, it just goes across a big grassy valley. Maybe its some kind of runoff area in case of flooding. I dont know.


When I was crossing the dam I saw something move on the side of the road up ahead.


As I got closer I could see it was a big billy goat. I was thinking this goat was in a strange place. I thought maybe the parks people had some goats there to keep the vegetation under control, made sense to me.


Now for the strange part. This is a long story and I wont go into it. Suffice it to say that I have a sister that I didnt know I had until a couple of years ago. After I got to know her she came to my house and I shared some pictures with her. When I got to these of the goat, she said something like, "Theres Herby!!! Hes alive!!!". She was positive it was her goat. Shes lives in Waveland just a short distance from the lake. Apparently Herby got loose and never returned, and ended up at the park.
Small world I suppose. So if you go to BML, go up to the dam, if you see a goat there. If its not Herby it may be one of his kids.

No comments: