Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Alread and Highway 16

If you've never ridden Hwy 16 across Northern Arkansas then you have missed one of the best rides in Arkansas. The best part of it goes a long ways. I would say from Fayetteville all the way to Greers Ferry Lake is some awesome riding. If you look it up on Google Map Hybrid you'll see what I mean. Its a snakey road in places and nice smoothe curve in others. There is no shortage of fun riding and wonderful scenary through the Ozarks.
Along the way there are plenty of little towns to visit. I do mean little too, there arent any towns of any size to speak of on this road, which is one reason I like it so much. I've ridden it numerous times and never tire of it.
One of the towns along the way is Alread. I took some pictures while passing through, but I may have missed the actual old part of town. I'll have to ask someone from there. When I typed in Alread on Google Map Hybrid it shows Alread as being on Scotland Drive which is just off of Hwy 16. I'll go back and take pics again if thats the case. I have to return to alot of the areas Ive already been to anyway because of the hard drive crash I had a few years ago. That was a tough lesson learned. I back up all my pics now to CD about once a month. I lost hundreds of pics in that catastrophe, some that I wont be able to replace.

Heres a few pics from Alread and area. This is Hwy 16 passing through.

An old Alread store.


I honestly cant remember where I took this picture but it was with the Alread pics so it must have been nearby.

No comments: