Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

"Hair today, gone tomorrow"

I had no idea that Elvis Presley coined that praise. I was reading his biography today. I was trying to figure out what barracks he stayed in at Ft. Chaffee, Ar. I didnt find the answer to the barracks question but at least now I know who said a praise that I've been known to say from time to time.

I know this had nothing whatsoever to do with motorcycling. Unless we take into consideration that Elvis was an avid motorcycle rider and lover of Harley Davidson Motorcycles.

Did you know that Duane Allman was killed on October 29th, 1971 in a motorcycle accident. Whats really strange is that 13 months later the Allman Brothers Band bassist Berry Oakley was killed in a motorcycle accident just three blocks from where Duane was killed.

Just thought I would throw that little tibbit in there.

No comments: