Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Calico Rock

I didnt get any great pictures from Calico Rock,Ar., which means, I'll be going back because it does have potential for photos. Calico Rock is North of Mountain View, on the Northern banks of the White River. The ride was great, fantastic roads, couldnt get much better for good take it easy riding. The roads are for the most part wide and clear so the worries of Deer or dogs is lessened.
I'll have to eat here on my next trip.

I like going onto back streets in old towns, never know what you'll find. Here there was an old factory of some kind and two kids riding a go-cart around. Also there is an old bridge in the distance. Since I've developed an interest in old bridges I'll need to get a pic of this one on my return trip.

After leving Calico Rock and continuing on Hwy 101 past Mountain Home, I found this the Veterans Memorial Bridge across Northfork lake NE of Mountain Home. This picture is facing South.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw your page on a random search. I live in Calico and my husband always says a motorcycle would be fun.
Glad you liked it here.
Best place to eat, is Don Quixotes, hand's down. But I have a soft spot for Bar-None-BBQ in Mountain View.
Be safe in your travels.