Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Monday, October 6, 2008

BBBQ 2008 Saturday Evening

After my ride out West on Saturday, I arrived at the motel just a few minutes before the rest of the group. We sat around awhile and decided on a plan for the evening. I had run into Burnie (I'm not sure if I'm spelling your name right Burnie)in the motel lobby and talked with him for a few minutes. Burnie said he would like to go out and eat dinner with us.

We ended up at East Buffet on College Ave. Its a good Chinese Buffet. I've eaten there most of the times I've went to BBBQ. After dinner Burnie, Zach and I decided to go to Dickson Street. Coondog and Hammer went exploring elsewhere while Major visited with his girlfriend who lives in Fayetteville.

Burnie got separated from Zach and I and we ended up sitting on the rock wall on the uphill Eastern section of Dickson St. in front of the building where the Christian groups give out free water. We watched people and motorcycles while getting probably irreparable hearing damage. Its a good spot to sit, I only wish I could remember to bring my ear plugs, it doe's get very loud. As you can see by the video below.

We got a call from Burnie and went to meet him in a bar area overlooking the strip.
What are the chances of meeting someone on Dickson St. that you know, especially on a Saturday night? Not good I know but as we were looking for Burnie, I saw CP again, I guess CP just kind of stands out in a crowd.

There were police everywhere. Back in 2002 the police presence was negligible, now it seems their on every corner. CP later told me he stayed on Dickson St. until about 3am and the police were picking up drunks and stopping gang trouble (not motorcycle gangs, just regular street thugs).
Zach took these pics to show how crowded it was on Dickson Street Saturday night.






After shooting the bull for awhile we split up again and headed back to the motel. This was supposed to be the big night of burnouts but the motel owner had put the fear of eviction into everyone and there wasn't as many as in years past. There were enough to make it interesting though. Here's a video of some of the action.

I like the look on Coondog's face, he's like, "what was that?".

No comments: