Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Continuing West


Leaving Clarksville, I made a turn South on 309 and crossed the Arkansas River on the Mills-Ahne Bridge. This bridge is the longest bridge in Arkansas at 1.5 miles. It's fun to cross, I've crossed it many times. One of these days I'll stop long enough to take a picture. When I do take a pic all it will show is a long straight stretch of cement with water on each side. I do have a jumpy video though, cement surfaces are not good for taking videos.

After doubling back on the bridge I went back to Hwy 64 then took 352 W. I found this little building with electric candles lit in the window and a gold star on the front. Had a nice old bell and well too. I have no idea what this is for. Is it a church or what? I vaguely remember a womens group called Ladies of the Southern Star or something like that. If anyone knows, please put it in the comments.



This old house being taken by nature is across the Highway.

No comments: