Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Turner Bend and Paris






My original intentions today were to continue on to Paris with pictures of sites on the way. I seemed to have misplaced some pictures of the Turner Bend store and of the city of Ozark so I'll just go from Ozark to Paris on another day.

Traveling Hwy 215 West I passed Byrd''s Adventure Center on the bank of the Mulberry River www.byrdsadventurecenter.com. I've been to a couple of events there and had a good time. One was a Bluegrass Concert and the other was Rocktoberfest. Rocktoberfest is a extreme four-wheelers delight. Just about any type of four wheel drive vehicle you can imagine will be there. Byrd's also hosts the Boozefighters Mulberry River Run each year. I've heard it alot of fun, but don't take the kids :).

After getting to Hwy 23 I went South. You'll pass thru the community of Cass, an Arkansas Job Corp center is located there. After crossing the Mulberry River Bridge you'll find the Turner Bend store on the left. During riding weather this is a stopping area for motorcycles of all types.

Most of the really fun part of the Pig Trail is North of the Mulberry River bridge but there is alot of nice scenary on the ride South. The only picture I got of an old house was this cabin which is not too far North of Interstate 40. I'll continue on at another time with that ride.

No comments: