Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Friday, October 12, 2007

On to Eureka Springs, Ar.

After we looked around the PTHD for awhile Charles and I headed on towards Eureka Springs to meet up with the Colonel and friends. The Colonel called and said he had us chairs saved at Luigis. Heres a video compilation of seven pentax camera videos of our trip up to the Vista Hotel. We made a wrong turn at the stop sign, should have turned right instead of left. Oh well, theres always another day for the Vista.


If I havent already said this I'll say it now....Hwy 62 between Bentonville and Harrison is one of the BEST in Arkansas. I like it as well as I do Hwy 7, maybe even better.
Times are changing though, this won't be hard to believe... they're straightening the road in places. Yep, thats right, as we speak some of the beautiful curves and picturesque views of Hwy 62 are disappearing, being replaced by cutting thru mountains, piling dirt and using viaducts.
The only reasons I can think of is either people are in a hurry or they're trying to make a safer road. So what they end up doing is making a faster road because it was too unsafe to drive the old road at high speed. Makes sense to me, I think.
If you've never driven or ridden Hwy 62 you better drive it while you can because parts of it wont be the same much longer.

Just off the top of my head I'll quickly name some of my favorite roads in Northern Arkansas.
Highways, 7,62,23,71,14,27,123 between Lurten and Mt.Judea, the Mt.Magazine ride and the Mt.Nebo ride. Theres more, I just thought of those quick like, so I guess they're my favorites.
There are alot more roads out there for me to ride, I'll get to them. I've had my eyes on a trailer for next year. Right now I have to ride for two hours to get to new roads. My plans are to trailer up, get a room, unload the bike and hit the roads around the area. I'll just do that until I cover all the roads in Arkansas which is my ultimate goal. I'll get there, with a little time and patience anything is possible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with u that with a little time and patience anything is possible. And I think u have a great goal. Many friends I meet on a site called bikerkiss have the same goal with u. I think that time and patience will make them success.