Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Friday, October 19, 2007

Today I put on the leather jacket.

Today I went for a ride around the area North of I-40 between Russellville and London. I went West on Pleasant View road from Hwy 7, and ended up riding on several county roads. A few of them were Bailey Loop, Millcreek, and Hickory Road. I ended up riding by Piney Bay Park and on out to Hwy 64.

Old house and a barn on Bailey Loop Road.


After going a short distance on Millcreek Road I turned on Hickory Road.
An old house and barn on Hickory Road.


I found several old houses, barns and cemetaries along Hwy 333.



I thought I would go check out Flat Rock Park while I was in the area. This is what I saw.

Apparently the park has been closed permanently. The aspalt roadway has grass growing in the cracks.
I would like to see a President get in office that would start up the old CCC again. There are alot of people around here that could use the work. Our parks sure could use some help.
That was it for todays ride. I never did take my jacket off, although it did warm up a little. I'll usually wear mine anytime the Temperature is around 70 degrees or below. I like the armour.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first house was my Grandma and Grandpa's house. I lived there over four years before my Mother built her house. I have many fond memories from the Ole Home Place.

Unknown said...

David, the Flat Rock park was given to the Lost Cherokee Nation of Arkansas and MO. two or three years ago. They have their winter meeting there in late Dec. each year. GS KY.

David said...

Thanks Ranson, I had no idea.