Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What not to do with a camera today.

Or maybe a better title would be "what not to take pictures of with a camera". I had no idea I wauld be opening a can of worms when I took these pictures. I will say this, unless you want to be contacted in person by a person of authority, dont do it. I was told of the patriot act and how a person just cant go around doing what I was doing anymore without be checked out, and I'm all for that. The thing is, I didnt know what I was taking a picture of until I had already taken pictures. Security got my tag number and well, I was maybe still a little surprised. Probably twenty years ago I had gone to this same spot and there wasnt even a fence, now its one of those places you need to avoid.
Im not going to say what it is, or where it is and I told them I wouldnt show any close ups. So here they are, its not like the place is a secret. I did get the feeling though that 9/11 took away alot more of our freedoms than what we know about. I'll say again though, in this instance, I should of been checked out.

This what it looks like from a distance.


This is a little closer.


Up close and personal, which is where I made my mistake. Unless you like having to talk to the man, dont do this. I cropped the bottom portion of the picture for security reasons :).

No comments: