Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Petit Jean over the years

I believe the year was 2002, just after the space odyssey. I was kind of busy in 2001 preparing to be whisked into the trail of a visiting comet so I didnt take many pictures. Actually, I dont think I had a camera that year (If I'd had one I would be rich now :)).
I had contacted Charles earlier in the year and let him know I had purchased Cindy. We planned a ride to Petit Jean for the annual car show in June. I rode to Morrilton then to Oppello, the planned meeting place.

I was at the corner gas station when Charles came riding up from the direction of Houston, Ar. on his 1998 Dyna Convertible .

Charles on a ride with his Dyna in 1999.

These pictures arent very good, due to the quality of the camera I had. I did the best I could though, with what I had. They were taken from the Eastern end of the mountain at the tourist overlook near Petit Jean's gravesite.



You can read all about Petit Jean by going here http://www.petitjeanstatepark.com/history/ (I have no idea how to make that into a link, when I started the blog it would, now it wont). I'll be putting more pics of PJ on in the next couple of days.

2 comments:

jhkj said...

Why would you be rich now? And what comet?? (were you in outer space or something?)

Anonymous said...

Now your joking....you are joking right? I was being facetious.