Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Interesting old house.

I always liked this old house. Why I dont know, I guess there was something about the way it sit next to old Hwy 64 with the big oaks in the yard, the shake roof or the little chimney. It sat on a piece of land just West of London. The old highway went directly in front of it, but the new one went below, so for years when driving West you could see it up on a little hill to the South.
I went metal detecting there several times. My best find was a 1941 Walking Liberty Half Dollar that looked like it just came out the roll. As a matter of fact that was my first really exciting find. There nothing like digging up a shiney coin. The newer coins change color after being in the ground a short while.
Thats my brother Dick standing outside the house. These are the only pics I have of it. Back around 1982 when the pictures were taken, I had to be very careful with what pics I took, getting film developed could get costly. Thats why I love digitals so much, I only wish they had come out sooner.
The old house is gone now.


No comments: