Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Waldron, Plainview and Ola

I'll put some more on the blog later on about these towns but for now I thought I would just show a pic from each. While I'm at it I'll include a house on Hwy 10. I cannot remember where this house is on the Highway, I have an ideal its somewhere near Ola though.
This is a painting on the side of a bank in downtown Waldron.

Plainview, Ar. has one of the widest main streets I've ever seen, for a small town. Seems like its missing something. Maybe at one time there was a town hall in the middle of town.

This is the only picture of Ola I currently have. The building on the left is the old Tiptons General Store. In later years it moved up the street to the West and now its also closed.
Ola has a wide main street as well, must of been a habit in this part of Arkansas.

An old house somewhere on Hwy 10.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the Tipton store belong to Barry & Philip's Family?

David said...

Yes it was. Georte, Richie, Barry and Phillip. Phillip is my brother Dicks best friend. There is a picture of phillip back on Aug. 11.