Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Monday, August 11, 2008

Visited CP

In the latter part of July I decided to pay CP a visit at Otto, Ar. I decided not to run I-40 to Conway then take Hwy 64 East which is the fastest way of getting there. I was in no hurry, actually my intent was to ride or visit all day. Kind of like a mini vacation, and a much needed one at that. I won't go into details of my trip. There just is'nt a straight road North of I-40 to Vilonia (where I would turn South on 107 to Otto). I usually write my road numbers on the palm of my hand and this route took my thumb as well. It was a good ride though, nice weather and good scenary.
At one point I had to wait on a house to be moved across a creek.


I finally arrived at CP's house, we visited for awhile then took a back road to Hwy 5 and turned south to have dinner at a new Hispanic Restaurant at the intersection of Hwy 89 and 5. The food was great, I had the Chile Relano (cheese filled pepper, hmmm hmmm).
Myself and Cindy at Mi Ranchito Restaurant.

Charles with his Ultra Classic.

After dinner, Charles and I went North to M&M's Motorcycle Shop which is at the intersection of Hwy 64 and 5. I could kick myself for not thinking to take pics while I was there. M&M's is a well known shop. They have several things happening there each year, such as cookouts and poker runs. They have built onto there shop and now have a large inventory of used bikes, nice ones and at affordable prices.
I'll go back and get some pics, sometime soon.
After doing our window shopping at M&M's we headed West on 64, CP took the turnoff to his house and I headed on to I-40. It was a good day.

Just a little short clip of the ride towards Conway.

No comments: