Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Monday, September 15, 2008

9 Days till BBBQ 2008

Only 11 days till our group loads up and rides NW to the greatest event in Arkansas. We're leaving on the morning of the 26th at 0800 hours. We'll probably meet at the PDQ, I-40 and Hwy 7. Sounds like a good place, food, coffee, etc. If anyone has a better idea, let me know.
Do we want to get there quick or go the scenic route?
If it's quick then its I-40 to 540 North. If it scenic, I'm thinking maybe I-40 to Clarksville, then 103 to Oark, 215 to 23 and 16 to Fayetteville. Sounds confusing but I've done it before. We will need to ride on about one mile of dirt on 215. I don't think that should be a problem, its not much and its never been muddy that I can remember.

It does'nt matter to me, those of you that are going, try to let me know what you want to do so we can have a plan before leaving instead of figuring it out at the meeting point.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is going to cooperate with us as it usually does. It's only rained on me one time in the six times I've went. Of course if its pouring, I mean pouring like dangerous riding, then we may need to wait for awhile before leaving.
If its like 50 degrees, I would probably like to just get the ride over with.
We'll just play it by ear. I think everyone that may be going knows how they can get in touch with me. Mike, Mike and Mike can get touch with Zach if theres a question.
I believe things are going to work out right. Its going to be a good break, a wild one as usual but a good one. I'm taking tylenol this time. I could use a gas mask around the Days Inn with all the rubber and fuel being burnt there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David,
You mentioned dirt on hwy 215, your kidding right... I'm hearing the cling,cling now as I type this "HA"

Zach