Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Friday, September 5, 2008

The Ride, Pt 2

I almost didn't leave Russellville. I had reasons to stay in town but I resisted and went on my day trip. Highway 7 had alot of motorcycles on it. The weather was cooperating, it was overcast just enough to make it comfortable and the temperature was perfect. I have decided not to post my Dragontail video yet, its just not the way I want it yet. I need to do some more clipping and mixing. The problem is I have several large videos and several small ones and they all have parts I like. So I'll work on it and post it soon.

The trip up Hwy 7 was wonderful as usual as was the ride down Hwy 123. The mountain valleys were filled with fog.

Mt. Judea was crowded being a Saturday as I made my left into town.


The local gas station had at least four cars in the parking lot as did the diner

I rode out of Mt. Judea and turned left onto Hwy 374 at Victor. The scenary along this road which leads to Hwy 7 is some of the best in Arkansas. Its not a long road but it worth the ride. Here are some pics.


A flower pot chimney.
Just a barn. See the mountain in the background? I could'nt get a good pic of it but it had a really awesome looking cliff face. You can see the cliff here in profile.
No drought this year.
Just rocks in a field on a little hill top among mountains.
There was a huge, and I mean HUGE square boulder on the side of a mountain near this spot. It looked really strange, just sitting there, precariously, surrounded by trees looking as if it might start sliding at anytime. I tried to get a pic of it but just couldn't get close enough. I need to save for a new camera.
This farm is magnificent, the kind of place I'd like to live. Engulfed by mountains with a creek flowing through. This land is alot steeper than it looks.



This trip will be continued later continuing on Hwy 7 North.

No comments: