Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cindy is 50,000 Miles old !!!!!!

Part 3 of The Ride will just have to wait.

Today was the big day. I knew I only had a short distance to reach 50 k on Cindy so I went for a ride to mark the occasion.

The 50 k ride was not without a moment or two to reflect on.
It was a beautiful day for riding. Overcast, a slight chance of rain and just cool enough to wear my leather jacket, which I like to do for safety. Also it was windy and the heavy leather keeps my shirt from flapping in the wind.
About a quarter mile from my house. A cable van coming towards me barely escaped hitting a deer. At he end of my ride and about five miles from home a deer ran in front of my bike, a big deer. When I got home and stopped, a deer crossed my field within 50 yards of me. This was a good day for deer, they love these kind of days, if the wind was to die down a little it would be a perfect day for deer to move around
I passed through Atkins on the way. I like their Military Memorials. Speaking of that...You can see more at my new blog. http://www.militarymemorials.blogspot.com/ Its getting close to the anniversary of 9-11.
Did you know that Morrilton has a small museum at their train depot?
This is the Conway County Library at Morrilton which was built in 1916 and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Morrilton had a Congressional Medal of Honor recipient. This Momument is to the side of the Library. Nathan Gordon served 20 years as Lt. Gov. of Arkansas. He died Sept. 9, 2008, he was 92.
The big moment.
I was about a quarter mile from here when it happened. This is VFW Post 4453 in Morrilton.
I started having problems with my starter about 600 miles ago. I guess its the usuall, a bad stater. I know nothing of these things, only what I hear but it sounds like Cindy's going to have an operation soon. I'm going to try and make it to BBBQ before I put her in the shop. I think she'll make it. I'm sure I'll have some problems starting her, but I'm not gonna miss the BBBQ.
I'll park on hills or something. I kind of figured that something would happen at around 50 k.