Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Ride, Part 5

Across from the Marble Monument is Dogpatch USA, the old theme park. I think it closed sometime in the mid 80's.
One of Dogpatch's waterfalls.
One of the old buildings.

Alot of good memories from Dogpatch. I went there several times while it was still in operation.

After taking a few pictures I rode North again. About 7 miles South of Harrison I took a left onto Hwy 206, then 397,392 and eventually 62 West to Berryville.

Don't miss Saunders Museum in Berryville. http://www.berryville.com/museum.html
This is a museum in Berryville and I think its the old courthouse, don't quote me on that though.
Another interesting building in Berryville seen from the town square. Berryville has a nice town square with fountains, pic-nic tables, gazebo's and lots of shade.


The Carroll County Veterans Memorial in the square at Berryville.

2 comments:

jhkj said...

Did you go inside Dogpatch???

David said...

Nope, can't do that anymore. To easy to get caught.