Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Friday, August 10, 2007

History

Me on my first motorcycle, 1970 Triumph Trophy 500. Picture taken with a Polaroid Swinger.

I bought my first bike (henceforth when I say bike I will be referring to motorcycle) when I was 18. A beautiful bike it was, the problem is I can't remember exactly what the model was. I'll give some specs I remember and maybe someone can help me out with my memory.


The bike was a 1970 Triumph T-100c Trophy 500, I think it was single carb, it was purple, and had upswept pipes with guards on them. It had on road/offroad tires. It was used but just barely and I paid $700. for it.


I rode the heck out of this bike, I went on rides almost everyday to Harrison, Ar. or Ft. Smith, Little Rock or anywhere else I felt like riding to. It never gave me a single problem as long as I kept everything tight. I did have an accident while riding it. I had been awake chasing who knows what for a couple of days and fell asleep on a straight way out of Dardanelle, Ar. If the road stayed straight I would of been ok, but it did'nt and I was'nt. It hurt, my first accident and I had hoped it was my last.


Heres a pic of me and the Triumph (taken with a Poloroid Swinger). You'll get a laugh out of the pic. You have to remember, the year was 1971, I was kind of an introvert in school and I had recently watched "Easyrider". The movie influences can be seen in my shirt, boots and belt. I really liked the "Then Came Bronson" television series. That series was about a man, whos friend was killed in Vietnam. The friend had left him a Harley Sportster. The story went from there, traveling across the U.S., getting into all kinds of stuff.

No comments: