Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Off to Thailand

A Thai friends Yamaha 80 I borrowed to ride around the countryside.


I could talk all day about Thailand but I won't. Suffice it to say that I loved the land, the people and the culture. I got married there, that lasted five years. I borrowed a little Yamaha occasionally while I was there, if I remember correctly it was a 80 cc. I rode that little bike all over the place and I'm living proof that it is possible to ride in Thailand and live to tell about it. If you've ever driven a vehicle there, you know what I mean. The friend that let me borrow it didnt mind, I would always leave the tank full plus give him a few dollars. I ate some food in Thailand, oh so good... man it was good, especially in those little villages outside Korat. Did I say I liked it over there, I tried to stay but the Air Force had other things in store for me. Oh, I arrived there in late February 1973, the war was going to be over for the U.S. pretty soon, so why were all those planes taking off with bomb loads and returning without them?

No comments: