Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Saturday, August 11, 2007

North to Alaska




After returning from Thailand I received the bad news/good news. The good news was that I was being sent to Elmendorf AFB, Ak. (at Anchorage, Ak.). The bad news was I thought I would be better off selling my bike. I did sell it for $1500. , a good deal for someone. The thing is I could of had it shipped to Alaska and stored it during the winter and rode in the summer. Live and learn I suppose, so I went three years without riding.

I will say though, that Alaska was my kind of place except for the short riding season. Thats the only reason I would'nt live there. I could show tons of pictures of Alaska and Canada but hey Dave this is Biking Arkansas, remember? Someday though, I would like to ride there. Heres the only two pics I could find that had bikes in them. One is of an unidentified couple riding South out of Anchorage towards Eagle River. The other is group of Hells Angels. I was sitting across the street waiting on something. The Angels pulled into the Gas Station and began tinkering with one of the bikes. A couple of minutes later two Police vehicles showed up and began checking the Angels Vehicle Registrations and Drivers Licenses. I didnt notice a reason for it. Seems like the station operator may have freaked out or something. The two main motorcycle clubs in the Anchorage area from what I can recall were the Hells Angels MC and The Brothers MC. If i'm not mistaken the Brothers were allied with the Angels.

No comments: