Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Saturday, August 11, 2007

I had friends

Charle's 1998 95th Anniversary Special Edition Ultra Classic Electraglide

Charle's 1999 Dynaglide

Charle's 1966 Electraglide


Charles and his 1970 Electraglide

Dick's Honda CB 350

Phillip T.





One of my riding partners from about 1978-1981 was Charles P. He was a lucky man, he owned not only a 1970 Electra Glide (green) but a 1966 (red) as well and here they are.

My other main riding partners were George S. and my brother, Dick (the blue Honda is his). Neither of them had Harley's but not many people did in those days.

Dick had a Honda 350 that at times he rode as far away as Kentucky. Sometimes he would ride with Phillip T. (thats Phillip with no shirt on the Honda 750).

George had a little orange and white Honda 175 (at present I cant find a pic of Georges bike) and he had no trouble at all keeping up with the Harleys.

My brother, well, he's my brother, he does'nt ride anymore but I know he wants to.

George is still a great friend although I havent heard from him in probably 10 years.

Charles is my best friend and we still ride together occasionally, he still has two Harleys. He sold the old ones but now has a 1998 95th Anniversary Edition Ultra Classic (716/3000)and a 1999 Dynaglide. Charles has put many miles on motorcycles, along with his wife and two Yorkies and his son Barrett occasionally would tag along on rides, sometimes on a Suzuki.

Charles is also a good friend of Dave Barr http://www.davebarr.com/ . He's the first man to ride a Harley around the world (and he did it with no legs). He's a very interesting person, if you have'nt read about him, maybe nows the time.

No comments: