Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Monday, August 20, 2007

Lurton - Hwy 123






From the moment you turn off of Hwy 7 onto 123 into the community of Lurton, Ar. all the way to the Hwy 65 junction at Western Grove you'll like this road. It's a nice ride and one of my favorite, especially the stretch from Lurton thru Mt. Judea and on to Carver. The road has long long swooping curves and then some really tight ones. I'll talk more about that later, this is a long road, I may do this one town/area at a time.

Be sure to ride around Lurton a little (believe me it won't take you long). Theres some good pictures to be taken in the area.

Heres pics of an old esso gas pump at the old post office, the old post office, an old car and house and what I think is an old motel (after all, a long time ago it was a long drive from Harrison to Russellville and this was close to midway).
D & C Road Ranking = Lurton to Carver = 10
Carver to Hwy 65 = 7

No comments: