Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Am I lucky or what?



This morning it was the crazed driver. This evening it was three deer. It was a spot close to home, I'd had deer cross there before. It was nice and cool, overcast and probably in the low 90's so I knew deer crossing would be a high possibility. I slowed, I covered my brake and whoaaaaa! Screeching tires, those deer decided to jump out about 30 ft in front of me.
The other day it was a steer, yesterday deer, this morning it was a crazed driver and now more deer. I know one thing for sure. Theres going to be venison on the table this fall, I'll be sure to post a picture. It's me or them.


Im back, adding a little to the above. I went to work this morning and guess what. More deer, this time four crossed in front of me. I'm not getting worried, I'll keep my eyes open. Can you believe it though? The other day it was a steer, then a couple days later, three deer, yesterday morning a crazy driver then deer on the way home and now deer on the way to work. I'm definitely going to try and do some thinning out of the herd this fall. Hopefully a deer won't end up like the one in the picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David,
with you seeing that many deer. i am going to start carrying my pistol.

Zach