Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Friday, August 17, 2007

New Big Piney Bridge





This is the new Bridge across Big Piney Creek on Hwy 359 W. Not as classy as the old one, which I do have a pic of, maybe I'll find it someday. The old bridge was wooden and single lane, boards placed left to right then on top were two lengthwise stips for automobile tires to stay on. If you were on a motorcycle, you had about a foot and a half trail to ride on, it was neat. The wooden bridge was really long and you had to trust luck that a drunk would'nt decide to cross at the same time as you, from the other direction. Charles and I would cross at the same time, him on one track and me on the other. The old Harley's put out some good music in crossing that bridge. It was torn town and replaced about 2002. Thats Big Piney (looking North), the pic with my bike in it is just after crossing the bridge where three deer crossed in front of me :o.

No comments: