Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Monday, August 13, 2007

Herding steer



When I left home I had no idea I would spend part of my morning herding a steer with my bike.

I got back onto 124 after checking out the Pyramid house, continuing north I went thru the community of Moreland (the old gas station is closed down) and stopped at the Country Store at the intersection of 124 and 105 for petrol. Taking a left next and going 105 N I did'nt go far without a little excitement.

A black steer was in the highway as I came around a right hand curve. I slammed on the brakes stopping short of passing it. It starting running up the highway ( a straight road at this point). I rode slow behind the animal trying to get it to take a chip and seal road to the right. It worked, I was hoping a gate would be unlocked but no luck. I herded the steer for aways down a straight road then it stopped and decided to stay. I think maybe he did'nt like me, once he looked like he was going to run at me. No problem, I had him off the main road. I went back out and continued up 105.

No comments: