Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Road House






The Road House located between Dardanelle and Delaware, Ar. on Hwy 22. Owned and operated by Rich D. and his wife Mickey the Road House was one of the few meeting places and after market sales shops (chopper shops) in the area in the late 1970's. Alot of good times were had at the Road House which in the beginning was just an old house along the highway. Later on Rich built an addition, then ultimately had the old house demolished. I spent quite a few warm summer days just lounging around talking. Alot of Red, White and Blue cans were popped open on the steps of that old house.

I'll never forget the first time I saw Charlie Banks come rumbling down the highway on his old Knucklehead, I could'nt help but wonder if he was gonna make it to the front yard.

Rich and Mickey are some good people. Rich lives alot of bikers dreams, now that he's retired from his regular job he's in his chopper business full time. I know he has a business associate, but at this time I cannot remember his name.

I think the name of the business has changed recently, its now Yell County Choppers. I havent been out that way in a while but if Rich has anything to do with it I'm sure its just as good as it always was.

Heres a mysterious girl modeling my old shirt from 1979 and a picture of Rich the owner of Yell County Choppers. Thats Mickey on the back :).

No comments: