Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Atkins Lake Loop

I did'nt have much time to ride to day so I took a short one. I didnt take down the mileage. Thats something I'll start doing. My guess would be I rode around 40 miles today. I started at my house on Crow Mtn., went East and descended on the Atkins side turning right on Hwy 105 at the foot of the mountain. My ride went like this, 105, right on 324, right on 326 and wallah, back to 105 and made a left back into the bustling city of Atkins, Ar. Somewhere in the middle of that circle was Lake Atkins. I think it may be called Atkins Watershed now. Thought about stopping by Danny and Pam's house and get a pic for my blog but I'm not much on dropping in on people unannounced. So Danny and Pam, one of these days.... I'd like to put you in my blog.

The ride.
Going down the Atkins side of Crow Mtn is very curvy, a couple of switchbacks. Nice little ride for a short one. The rest of the ride into the Atkins bottomland was uh... well, I was riding, so it was a good ride compared to not riding if you get my drift. Just watch out for deer and dogs and those people that are too lazy to stay on their side of the road. If theres two things I can't stand its a curve cutter and people that talk on cell phones while driving.

Road Rank 5

No comments: