Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Monday, August 13, 2007

On to Scottsville






Looking S from the bridge

I turned left on 27 W short of entering Hector (I'll be going there another day). Upon reaching Scottsville I noticed that the General Store was no longer open. Good time to take a pic because it may not be around much longer.


Behind the store you can see highway 164 where I made a right to go check the Illinois Bayou bridge which is about 2 miles N or Scottsville. After doing so I would double back to the old General Store.

Hector is 5 miles from Scottsville, I guess at one time they shared a rural Fire Department, looks like its closed now.

This small one lane bridge is near the Fire Dept.

The old single lane bridge across Illinois Bayou was still there and the water below looked good.

No comments: