Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Some Automobile drivers

Some automoble drivers amaze me.
This morning, while riding to work going West on Parkway. I approached an intersection. In the intersection was one vehicle, a van waiting to turn left in front of me. She was waiting on the light to turn green, I was still rolling West. Now I've been riding awhile and I know the cardinal rule-Never ever trust a driver to do what is right. As I approached her, the light turned green, I covered my brakes. I was probably only four car lengths from her, I watched for avenues of escape while watching her tires. The tires turned to her left and she moved, I applied brakes, she slammed brakes. She layed down on the horn, I just kind of put out my left arm in a "what the heck did I do look", as I passed her window she was cussing at me. My headlight was on (dawn was a little late this morning) so that was'nt it. I will say again though, I don't trust a darn one of them. I appreciate it when a driver is curtious and respectful, but ya know, it only takes one bad driver to ruin a good time.

No comments: