Rome was not ridden in a day

 

Monday, August 13, 2007

Pyramids, Herding steers and Good Food




The temperature since I started this blog has been over 100 F everyday and I hate to admit it but its just been to hot to enjoy being out in the middle of the day.
Today though, I went for an early morning ride. I took Highway 124 N from Russellville passing some pretty country near home.
Oh, by the way. Meet Cindy, thats her in Maroon and White. Cindy goes everywhere I go. I've had her since June 2001, I bought her for $5,500. She had 1800 miles on her. I have since put a smaller sprocket on her so she runs smooth at higher speeds, it was a good choice.
She has never given me a problem. I change her tires and oil her, I shine her sometimes. Cindy is made to be ridden, I ride her alot and she does'nt mind getting dirty. Occasionally I've ridden miles down a paved road and came to dirt or gravel, I don't turn around.
I had a good friend sell me a Mustang seat for $200. (they sell for $680. new) , I could'nt believe he gave me such a good deal, I won't forget his generosity.
This spring I had to buy her a battery, but she deserved it. I really love her and I think she's pretty don't you? You'll see her alot in my upcoming journals, but don't worry she's perfect, she never has much to say but she always listens to what I tell her to do. I got it made.

No comments: